The no nonsense, no compromise solution to stopping unsolicited email from cluttering your inbox. For Microsoft? Windows 98/Me/NT/2000 and XP.
AntiSpam Personal uses what is called a White-list with Challenge and Response validation to stop emails from forged or invalid email addresses from reaching your inbox. It works with all email programs that access standard POP3 email servers: Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, etc.
* No messing with filters or alternate email addresses
* Stops SPAM, and only SPAM at the server
* Prevents hackers from spying on your email when transferred to and from your email server
* Runs automatically in the background
* Simple setup
How does it work?
AntiSpam keeps a list of all email addresses you correspond with. Any email from a source not in that list of familiar email addresses is sent a verification email to verify the email is from a legitimate email user. Since 90% of spam is sent from bogus or unmonitored email addresses these emails will never be verified and will be automatically deleted from your email server by AntiSpam.
* Automatically searches your existing address book to figure out who you have corresponded with so that they never see a challenge message when emailing you in the future*.
* Listserver/Automated email aware. When correctly tagged by the sender, listserver and bulk emails are not challenged but rather flagged and eventually deleted if not wanted.
* One button installation for Outlook and Outlook Express users.
* Tracking of statistics and access to consolidated statistics from all AntiSpam users.
* All processing is done on your local computer. Information about emails and addresses never leave your computer.
* Automatically uses the latest industry standard encryption when exchanging information with your email server, regardless of whether your email client came with it or not.
» version 22.214.171.124 - posted on 2004-06-15
Babastiks AntiSpam Personal
Copyright © 2003, Babastik
All rights reserved.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) - BRIEF
Is Summary: Ive agreed to sell you a license to use this software under the terms of the license listed below. These terms are in addition to the restrictions imposed in the use of any copyright protected work. In non-legalese those terms are:
1. Do not take my software and pass it on as your own.
2. Do not circumvent the built in reverse engineering protection.
3. Do not hold me responsible if anything goes wrong due to the use of my software.
If you have any questions about this, then make sure you read the license in its entirety below:
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) - COMPLETE
NOTICE TO USERS: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL AGREEMENT. USE OF THE SOFTWARE PROVIDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT (THE "SOFTWARE") CONSTITUTES YOUR
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT INSTALL AND/OR USE THIS SOFTWARE. USERS USE OF THIS SOFTWARE IS CONDITIONED UPON COMPLIANCE BY USER WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. BABASTIK grants you a license to use this SOFTWARE on any hardware product during any period of time. "You" means the company, entity or individual. "Use"; means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE.
Permission to distribute the SOFTWARE is not transferable, assignable, saleable, or franchisable. Each entity wishing to distribute the package must independently satisfy the terms of the distribution license.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by BABASTIK. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE.
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United States copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of BABASTIK and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. UNAUTHORIZED USE. You may not use, copy, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer, or transfer the SOFTWARE except as provided in this agreement. Any such unauthorized use shall result in immediate and automatic termination of this license.
6. U.S. GOVERNMENT INFORMATION. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government of the computer software and documentation in this package shall be
subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.277-7013 (Oct 1988) and
FAR 52.227-19 (Jun 1987).
7. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. BABASTIK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE IS ERROR FREE. BABASTIK DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED
WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE
LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO
8. LIMITED WARRANTY. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. BABASTIK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THIS SOFTWARE, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER BABASTIK NOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THIS SOFTWARE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH SOFTWARE, EVEN IF BABASTIK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS. THE PERSON USING THE SOFTWARE BEARS ALL
RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY IS BY LAW INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION OR RESTRICTION.
9. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
10. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL BABASTIK OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF BABASTIK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL BABASTIKS LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN
CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY.
11. GOVERNING LAW. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the California, United States of America, excluding the application of its conflicts of law rules and shall inure to the benefit of BABASTIK and any successors, administrators, heirs and assigns. Any action or proceeding brought by either party against the other arising out of or related to this agreement shall be brought only in a STATE or FEDERAL COURT of competent jurisdiction located in Alameda county, California. The parties hereby consent to in personam jurisdiction of said courts. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is specifically disclaimed.
12. Any breach of the terms of this Agreement shall be cause for termination. In the event of termination, and without limitation of any remedies under law and equity, you agree to immediately return the Software to Babastik and certify that no copy remains in your possession or control.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and BABASTIK which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
14. RESERVED RIGHTS. All rights not expressly granted here are reserved to BABASTIK.
© 2003 Babastik, All rights reserved.